REINSTATEMENT OF LICENSURE INSTRUCTIONS
If applying for reinstatement of licensure within 30 days after a license is suspended due to non-renewal, i.e., between December 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018, the following information is required:
- completed Reinstatement Application Form.
- documentation to having completed a minimum of 18 continuing education hours as specified in 21 NCAC 54 .2104 during the two years preceding the date of application for reinstatement of licensure. Complete the Reinstatement Application – Continuing Education Attestation (complete list of activities/programs) and an individual Continuing Education Attestation Form for each program/activity you list on the Reinstatement Application - Continuing Education Attestation.
- completed Supervision Report(s), IF licensed as a Psychological Associate or provisional Licensed Psychologist; and
- $350.00 fee ($250.00 renewal fee plus $100.00 reinstatement fee)*.
If applying for reinstatement by mail, a postmark, but not a metered date or tape, will be considered as meeting the December 31, 2018, deadline to reinstate the license under this process. *Required renewal and reinstatement fees (total of $350.00) must be remitted in the form of a MONEY ORDER or OFFICIAL BANK CHECK made payable to the NC Psychology Board; a personal check will not be accepted.
In the alternative, you may apply for reinstatement online, if you are: (1) a Licensed Psychologist and the Board has received and accepted your Reinstatement Application – Continuing Education Attestation and an individual Continuing Education Attestation Forms described above; or (2) a Licensed Psychological Associate OR a Provisionally Licensed Psychologist and (a) your required completed Supervision Report has been submitted to and accepted by the Board and (b) , the Board has received and accepted your Reinstatement Application – Continuing Education Attestation and an individual Continuing Education Attestation Forms described above. To reinstate online, please go to https://app.ncpsychologyboard.org/licensee/. You must pay by credit or debit card in order to renew online.
If applying for reinstatement after December 31, 2018, a licensee is required to comply with a different, and more detailed, reinstatement procedure which includes reapplication (see required materials below) and reexamination (North Carolina State Examination). Select “Application for Reinstatement of Licensure” on the side bar to view instructions and to download the applicable application form. The following materials must be submitted:
- notarized application form and supervision contract form;
- completed supervisor forms [from past supervisors from the time that the license was suspended due to non-renewal, as well as any current supervisors];
- three completed reference forms from professionals who are familiar with the applicant's current work, one of which is from a doctoral level psychologist;
- written verifications from other states and provinces in which the applicant has applied for a license or has been licensed, if applicable;
- official graduate college transcripts, if not on file in the Board's office; and
- documentation to having completed a minimum of 18 continuing education hours as specified in 21 NCAC 54 .2104 during the two years preceding the date of application for reinstatement of licensure.
Under the Board’s current Records Retention and Disposition Schedule requirements, licensure files are generally only retained for three years following suspension of a license.